A question I get all the time when I talk about drinking Herbalife shakes a consistently is, “What if I don’t like it?” and “What if I get tired of it?”
Well, my answer to that is you won’t get tired of it as long as the creativity is flowing, my friend.
While the soy-based protein shakes offer a lot of flavors (like mint chocolate, wild berry, cookies n’ cream, etc), since I drink the whey-based protein the only flavors I get are chocolate and vanilla. That could get boring fast.
So, I buy the vanilla and get a little add crazy. Here are some of my favorite things to put in my shakes.
- Frozen or fresh fruit (the usual suspects: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, etc)
- Plain Greek yogurt (sometimes I add a little pure maple syrup to the yogurt too)
- Raw oatmeal (don’t knock it till ya try it)
- Apple juice (I use my juicer)
- Orange juice (again with the juicer)
- Bananas (I add one to every shake I make no matter what it is. Just because I like the flavor and it seems to even out the vanilla flavor)
- Dark chocolate chips (you gotta get the good stuff)
- Dark Chocolate Brownie Batter Dip
Depending on the flavor you are going for spices can make for a yummy shake too. I use vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg a lot.
Extracts are good too. Try a little peppermint extract with the dark chocolate chips or the brownie batter dip. Or maybe some almond extract with the oatmeal and vanilla.
Seriously, just go with it.